Some time ago I bought additional crochet thread to finish my Pineapples Tablecloth, which had been hibernating for a while as I run out of thread (that’s what happens when you buy unusual thread size on sale!) and couldn’t find any more of it anywhere. And then I bought a different thread in the same size, which looked similar enough and it seemed that I’d be able to continue my project after all.
Alas, it didn’t happen. It may have looked similar in my drawer, but as soon as I started crocheting, the difference was just too visible to continue. The new thread will have to wait for a different project, some time in the future – but what about my tablecloth? Should I wait more, until (if) I find the right thread? I decided against it. I crocheted the last 3 rounds in the old thread, frogged the part made in the new one, and called it a day. It may be missing the final round of large pineapples, and it’s a pity, but it looks fine as it is, too.
So I tried, I failed, I’m happy anyway 🙂 This is going to be a gift for my parents one day, and in the meantime, it’s waiting in the box in my wardrobe.
In non-crafty news, things have been a bit heated here recently. I’m up to my neck in work, and it’s stressful enough on its own, because we have very strict deadlines, and since the whole team has been reduced, I have to deal with the projects and topics outside of my professional comfort zone. As much as I like a good challenge, I wish I had more time for that.
And then on top of that, Ciri has gotten really sick. All of her symptoms and test results seem to point at FIC – a complex recurring disease of the urinary tract in cats caused by a set of factors, but mainly by stress and an abnormal reaction to it (and we’ve had some stress recently, including an annual check-up at the vet, which is a very scary experience for her). It was absolutely terrifying to see her strain in her littler box, unable to pee when she’d been perfectly fine just a few hours before! I called for an emergency vet appointment and thankfully she didn’t have a full blockage, so a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication helped (although it had taken a few days before we could see an improvement). The point now is to exclude in 100% other potential causes and then, to prevent another episode. Which means, among others, increasing her water intake. Now, it’s tricky, as Ciri doesn’t like wet food, so trying to put her on a wet diet is going to take a lot of time and effort (and patience…). I’ve also placed many different bowls all around the house to encourage her to drink more and it seems to be working! I’m also planning to buy a water fountain as many cats prefer flowing water so I hope it can make her drink even more.
For now, I’m just so happy that she’s better – I’ve been a total mess and very worried for the past couple of days and as you can guess, it certainly hasn’t helped me with my work… There’s just something heartbreaking seeing your pet suffer and not being able to help.
At least Stella is fine and hasn’t had any episodes of her illness in a long time! Also, it’s yet another case when I’m blessing our veterinary clinic and their free visits payment plan, plus a person on cat forum who encouraged me to invest in pet health insurance years ago – I’d have gone bankrupt long ago without them!
Alright, I think I’ll finish this post here. I promise to write something a little more positive next time 🙂