Some time in the last year I had tried to knit a doggie jumper for my parents’ Nika. Nika is not a very standard dog when it comes to body shape, in that she’s very deep-chested for a dog her size, so knitting for her can be a challenge – especially when she is not around to modify the pattern as I knit. In the end, neither jumper fit her very well and they were both donated to a dog rescue group. But at least I could see what was wrong and apply the modifications in my new project!
So… the doggie jacket was a project from hell. I frogged and restarted it about million times or so, and in the end it turned out so stiff and ugly that I felt sorry for the poor dog who would have to wear it. So I didn’t even frog it one more time, just threw it all away. And then I turned to an old, tried pattern to crochet a rug which would finally use up the long stored aran wool in my stash. This wool was just too coarse to use it for a hat or a scarf.
That was both super easy and super fast and will replace an old similar rug, which was completely ruined by my cats (because it’s so awesome to wrap their toys in it and then search for them, using the claws of course). I hope it will last a bit longer than the previous one, especially that winter is coming quickly, days are shorter, and cats sleep more too – on their crocheted blankets and cushions of course 😉