Yay! My super-colourful Sophie’s Dream bedspread is ready: all the squares are finished, bordered with navy blue yarn, joined and then the blanket is again bordered with 1 row of single crochets and popcorn stitches, and another row of single crochets. It’s colourful, large enough to cover the duvet, and I couldn’t be happier. It’s a very visible, contrasting accent in out mostly white bedroom and I love it so much that I almost considered banning the cats from entering the bedroom for a while 😉 Alright, who am I kidding… they rule the house so it was just a passing thought.
Adding the border around all the squares really made the colours pop and was such a great finishing touch. I then hesitated whether I wanted another border around the whole blanket at all, but I decided to add it in the end. If you look at the original pattern linked at the beginning of the post, you can see that the border suggested by the designer includes contrasting stitches. I like this option, it really works well with all the colourful squares, but since I didn’t have enough contrasting yarn left, I decided to stick to the navy blue, and I think it looks just fine too.Continue reading “And here it is! Presenting my Sophie’s Dream”